Assist and support Quality Engineers in production floor in actively leading the improvement of customer satisfaction by the reduction of internal non-conformances and the elimination of customer returns through the effective utilization of continuous improvement techniques. Salary Range: $20-$25 per hour
- Uses advanced Quality, Six Sigma methods and actively work with the production departments to effectively reduce non-conformance(s) and prevent returns.
- Assists in developing an effective corrective and preventative program that will concentrate its efforts on reducing scrap and rework.
- Assists with operator and inspector training development requirements.
- Assists with quality engineering development requirements.
- Facilitates and processes customer returns through the material review process.
- Provides support in internal audits and corrective action follow-up per internal and customer quality system requirements.
- Supports customer representatives during quality audits and responds to corrective action
- Assists in developing Quality Program Procedures and Work Instructions and providing training to appropriate personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works effectively with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing and solving parts and process issues.
- Working knowledge of Quality Assurance standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to meet critical deadlines in fast paced environment.
- Ability to interpret contractual and specification requirements.
- Must be a self-motivated team leader with the ability to lead continuous improvement activities.
- Team player with ability to work well with employees and customers alike.
- High level of motivation and sense of urgency.
- Intermediate skills in working with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- Three years of College in Engineering or related STEM curriculum.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
Kirkhill, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability
status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All successful candidates must submit to post
offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen and background check as a condition of employment.
Must be authorized to work in the US.