Welcome to Kirkhill Inc. in Brea, California. When planning a trip to our facility please find below important information regarding visitor rules, requirements and accommodations.”
When you visit Kirkhill it is critical that you understand that we are a manufacturer of ITAR and EAR “600 Series” Goods (“controlled goods”) and that we have specific access controls within our facility. Please be aware that:
- Visitors must complete and submit a Visitor Request Form prior to entering the facility.
- Visitors must present valid government issued photo ID upon arrival and sign in and out using the visitor register.
- Visitors must be escorted by a Kirkhill employee at all times, known as your “Host”, unless no-escort privileges are allowed per your assigned Visitor ID Badge.
- Visitor ID Badges must be worn and be visible at all times.
- Visitors are required to follow all laws and regulations including export, environmental, health and safety.
- Visitors must remain outside US Export Controlled areas unless accompanied by approved personnel.
- Visitors are required to wear eye protection and steel toe caps (will be issued when you check in) over their shoes while visiting manufacturing areas.
- Visitors must wear or bring flat closed toed shoes.
- Hearing protection is required only in mandatory hearing areas identified with floor signs.
- All visitors who bring electronic devices such as a camera, laptop computer or cell phone into the facility will be issued a protective sticker to be placed over any camera lens.
- If photos are required as part of the scope for the visit, all photos must be taken by Kirkhill personnel and approved by the Security Manager prior to release.
- Company email and computer systems are for employee use only. If computer access is required during visit, we will provide a Guest Internet connection.
- Visitors may use office equipment (phones, fax machines, copy machines, etc.) with Host approval.
- Any changes in purpose, routes, locations or scope of the visit must be approved by Export Compliance, your Host or management.
- Visitors must immediately report any injury or incident to their Host so proper action can be taken including providing medical attention.
- Visitors must smoke only in designated smoking area outside of the buildings. Hosts will provide direction to these areas.
The following is an excerpt from WS 4.8.03-08 dated 3/15/17. A “U.S. Person,” as defined in the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR Part 120.15), must present one of the following original primary forms of evidence as proof of U.S. Person status:
- U.S. Passport or U.S. Passport Card (expired U.S. Passport or Passport Cards are acceptable), as long as the person is still recognizable as them self.
- Original or certified copy of a birth certificate issued by a state, county, municipal authority or outlying possession of the United States bearing an official seal
- Form I-551 Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (USCIS/INS)
- Form N-560 or N-561 Certificate of U.S. Citizenship (USCIS/INS)
- Form N-550 or N-570, Certificate of Naturalization (USCIS/INS)
- Form I-179 or I-197 U.S. Citizen Identification Card (USCIS /INS)
- Form FS-545 Certification of Birth Abroad (U.S. Department of State)
- Form DS-1350 or FS-240 Certification of Report of Birth (U.S. Department of State)
- Valid U.S. Security Clearance (Authorized for cleared facilities only and FSO signature is required for verification)
- Native American Tribal Document
- Valid DD Form 1966 Record of Military Processing-Armed Forces of the United States indicating any of the following under Citizenship: U.S. at birth, U.S. naturalized, U.S. noncitizen national, or Immigrant Alien
- Active Duty military ID card
- Form I-776 Employment Authorization Document (USCIS/INS) indicating any of the following categories: A-01, A-02, A-03, or A-05
- Foreign passport that contains a temporary I-551 stamp or temporary I-551 printed notation on a machine-readable immigrant visa (MRIV)
- Foreign passport with Form I-94 or Form I-94A, Arrival/Departure Report bearing the same name as the passport and containing any of the following endorsements:
- Temporary I-551 stamp and photograph
- Unexpired refugee admission (not parole) stamp, or citing any of INA 207, 8 U.S.C. 1157, or 8 CFR 274a.12(a)(3)
- Stamp indicating asylum has been granted, or citing any of INA 208, 8 U.S.C. 1158, or 8 CFR 274a.12(a)(5)
- State “Enhanced” Driver License, this must identify U.S. citizen or residency status
- Official U.S. Government agency ID badge (i.e., Dept. of Defense (DoD), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI))
- Official state, county or municipal government agency ID badge (i.e., law enforcement, fire fighters, tax auditors)
- Common Access Card (CAC) with U.S. Person color schema
- A “smart” card, about the size of a credit card, is the DoD standard identification for active duty uniformed service personnel, Selected Reserve, DoD civilian employees, and eligible contractor personnel. U.S. Person cards will be all white background, or white with green stripe.
- An original, signed and dated letter on visitor company letterhead, signed by an officer of the company or facility security officer, stating that the visitor is a U.S. Person as defined in the ITAR or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and that their status was validated using the primary forms of evidence listed above. Visitors cannot attest for themselves. The letter must be signed by an authorized individual other than the visitor.
- Non US Person visitors are required to show an Original Government issued passport.
There are three airports in close proximity to our facility. You can fly into Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) or John Wayne Airport, Orange County (SNA) or Ontario International Airport (ONT). We recommend flying into John Wayne Airport (SNA) due to proximity and traffic.
We recommend the following hotels when visiting Kirkhill:
Embassy Suites – Brea
900 E Birch Street
Brea, CA 92821
Phone: (714) 990-6000
Marriott – Fullerton
2701 Nutwood Ave
Fullerton, CA 92831
Phone: (714) 738-7800