Kirkhill, Inc. welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Kirkhill, Inc. a wholly-owned subsidiary of Transdigm, is a leading diversified manufacturer of highly engineered, organic, and in-organic elastomer based products.
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees: 800
Job Family: EHS
Reports to: EHS Manager
Works with: All employees including Production Managers/Supervisors, Human Resources, Administrative staff, contractors, vendors and regulatory agencies
Location: Brea, CA, USA
Type: Full Time
This position reports to the EHS Manager and or Environmental Specialist for the Kirkhill business unit with responsibilities to execute day-to-day tasks for the environmental, health and safety team at the Brea facility.
- Assist in implementing safety and environmental programs to ensure facility compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Maintain records and documents related to safety and environmental compliance.
- Perform data entry and other administrative duties as necessary.
- Assist with purchasing safety supplies, equipment and other items for improvement.
- May work with production managers and supervisors on safety and environmental concerns, issues and suggestions to make improvements to existing processes and conditions.
- May assist with safety and environmental training.
- May assist with working with outside vendors and contractors in order to meet company needs to complete projects.
- May assist with implementing corrective actions from audit findings and other inspection findings as necessary.
- May assist with conducting safety walk through in all functional areas to identify hazards.
- May conduct follow up as necessary with area supervisors on EHS related matters.
- May participate in Safety Committee meetings and sub-committee projects as necessary.
- May assist in investigation of incidents (near misses, first aid, recordable injuries) in order to recommend corrective and preventive action measures.
- Perform other activities and projects as assigned.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with flexibility to adapt to changes and situations as they arise.
- Willingness to quickly learn safety and environmental rules, requirements and objectives.
- Willingness to develop verbal, written, presentation and communication skills.
- Exhibits high level of motivation.
- Intermediate skills working with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities.
Kirkhill, Inc. Competencies
- Customer Focus – Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers. Is results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance. Rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
- Problem Solving – Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
- Integrity and Trust – Widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
- Functional/Technical Skills – Possesses the skills to be effective in the job. Has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Listening – Practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
- Action-oriented – Full of energy, willing to take action.
- Composure – Cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected, is a settling influence.
- Values Diversity – Supports fair and equal treatment for all.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- Pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Strongly prefer ability to speak, read and write in Spanish.
- Strongly prefer experience in manufacturing environment.
Kirkhill, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All successful candidates must submit to post offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen and background check as a condition of employment.