This position reports to the President of Kirkhill, Inc. and has full responsibility for Quality in the Brea facility. Individual leads quality by establishing quality goals that meet/exceed our customer expectations through processes and policies that ensure sustainable quality performance. Pay – 175k to 195k base + bonus
- Assist executive management with the development of the corporate quality plan.
- Performing and evaluation of cost and responsibility of discrepant material based on established methods and procedures for supplier quality.
- Quality management of the company’s products including developing and managing measurement systems that incorporate Customer’s View of Quality, in-process manufacturing quality and machine capability.
- Oversee and direct the overall quality direction of the corporation and the effectiveness of the quality management system.
- Performing supplier quality assurance audits for assigned suppliers.
- Developing corrective actions to support supplier problems and failures, suggesting modifications and corrective actions by suppliers to meet customer specifications and standards.
- Maintain a quality assessment system to monitor corporate objectives.
- Working with suppliers on the Continuous Improvement Process of Supply Base through the application of quality tools and techniques.
- Ensure that products and services meet customer needs and expectations to fulfill corporate quality objectives.
- Participates in new product design from beginning to end, insuring that manufacturing process capabilities match customer requirements.
- Create and sustain a culture that is based on continuous improvement.
- Take lead responsibility for significant quality issues. Be “hands on” with the issue, develop a plan to resolve the issue, communicate the plan and progress on the plan to the organization.
- Identify areas where product or service quality requires corrective action.
- When necessary, implement corrective action plans and monitor the effectiveness of the solutions.
- Successful candidate must have demonstrated Quality Assurance leadership success.
- Solid technical skills with an understanding and practical application of technical knowledge in the Quality discipline.
- Must have the ability to articulate technical issues at an understandable level to a variety of stakeholders across the organization.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment where tact, sensitivity, respect, tenacity, persuasive ability, and decisiveness are required for success
- Strong writing, speaking, analytical and presentation skills.
- Must be a strong advocate of Lean Enterprise and a proven leader of continuous improvement.
- Bachelor Degree.
Kirkhill, Inc. Competencies
- Customer Focus – Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers. Is results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance. Rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
- Problem Solving – Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
- Integrity and Trust – Widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
- Functional/Technical Skills – Possesses the skills to be effective in the job. Has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Listening – Practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
- Action-oriented – Full of energy, willing to take action.
- Composure – Cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected, is a settling influence.
- Values Diversity – Supports fair and equal treatment for all.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- BA or BS in Mechanical Engineering, Quality or Business Administration. Advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in Quality systems implementation and management.
- 5 years CQE/CQM certification with experience in a production manufacturing environment.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer, strong knowledge of AS9100 Quality Management Systems, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Experience in the aerospace manufacturing sector preferred.
Kirkhill, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All successful candidates must submit to post offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen and background check as a condition of employment.