The Sales and Marketing Intern will build and maintain business relationships with customers by providing prompt and accurate service so as to promote customer loyalty. The incumbent will play a critical role in providing an interface between customer and company, and should handle themselves in a friendly and professional manner. Pay range is $20-$25/hr.
- Review and interpret customer contract purchase order paperwork for accuracy and communicate exceptions to customer with professional negotiation and communication techniques.
- Process orders, and purchase order changes on assigned accounts, which includes price verification, part numbers, lead times, and entry of orders into company ERP system.
- Review customer purchase order contract packages for accuracy and compliance to company terms and conditions. Raise questionable terms for resolution to management.
- Manage and coordinate the resolution to all customer order complaints and/or non-compliant purchase order issues. Coordinates order status among multiple departments (sales, engineering, materials, operations) when necessary.
- Reports and presents order status to customer. Develops and reports line of balance, and tracks Kirkhill OTD/ Past Due to customer.
- Interface with customers, understand and solve account related issues on a regular basis through phone calls, emails, customer portals and face to face meetings.
- Receive, research and process customer return requests.
- Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers.
- Results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to communicate professionally via written and verbal with customer to understand needs and concerns.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple issues simultaneously.
- Use prior experience and knowledge of company policies and procedures to resolve non-standard problems.
- High level of motivation and sense of urgency; prioritizes and follows up accordingly.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and work in fast paced environment.
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel a must. Use MS Word and PowerPoint.
Kirkhill, Inc. Competencies
- Customer Focus – Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers. Is results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance. Rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
- Problem Solving – Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
- Integrity and Trust – Widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
- Functional/Technical Skills – Possesses the skills to be effective in the job. Has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Listening – Practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
- Action-oriented – Full of energy, willing to take action.
- Composure – Cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected, is a settling influence.
- Values Diversity – Supports fair and equal treatment for all.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- High School Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of successful customer service work experience in a manufacturing environment or similar.
Kirkhill, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All successful candidates must submit to post offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen and background check as a condition of employment.