Quality Assurance Engineer will actively lead the improvement of customer satisfaction by leading the reduction of internal non-conformances and the elimination of customer returns through the effective utilization of continuous improvement techniques. This individual will also assist in the development of quality engineering and assurance personnel through effective mentoring and skill development programs. Salary Range: $75k – $110k
- Uses advanced Quality, Six Sigma methods and actively work with the production departments to effectively reduce non-conformance(s) and prevent returns.
- Responsible for developing an effective corrective and preventative program that will concentrate its efforts on reducing scrap and rework.
- Assists with operator and inspector training development requirements.
- Mentors and assists with quality engineering development requirements.
- Facilitates and processes customer returns through the material review process.
- Conducts internal audits and corrective action follow-up per internal and customer quality system requirements.
- Escorts and supports customer representatives during quality audits and responds to corrective action requests, as required.
- Evaluates and selects appropriate product evaluation equipment and establishes applicable training to personnel.
- Develops and updates Quality Program Procedures and Work Instructions and providing training to appropriate personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works effectively with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing and solving parts and process issues.
- Working knowledge of Quality Assurance standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to meet critical deadlines in fast paced environment.
- Ability to interpret contractual and specification requirements.
- Must be a self-motivated team leader with the ability to lead continuous improvement activities.
- Team player with ability to work well with employees and customers alike.
- High level of motivation and sense of urgency.
- Intermediate skills in working with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities.
Kirkhill, Inc. Competencies
- Customer Focus – Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers. Is results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance. Rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
- Problem Solving – Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
- Integrity and Trust – Widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
- Functional/Technical Skills – Possesses the skills to be effective in the job. Has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Listening – Practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
- Action-oriented – Full of energy, willing to take action.
- Composure – Cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected, is a settling influence.
- Values Diversity – Supports fair and equal treatment for all.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related STEM curriculum.
- Aerospace and/or Elastomer/Plastics manufacturing experience preferred
- Related certification such as ASQ Quality Engineer, Quality Auditor, Quality Manager, Lean and Six Sigma preferred.
Kirkhill, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All successful candidates must submit to post offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen and background check as a condition of employment.