The Facilities Project Engineer plans, manages and executes capital project on time and on budget; including the following aspects: identifies, specifies, justifies, procures, installs, commissions and qualifies process and/or facilities equipment. They may also modify, upgrade or replace existing process and/or facilities equipment to improve plant safety, quality and efficiency.
- Collaborate with operations, manufacturing engineering, quality and facilities to research and understand the manufacturing process and its operational bottlenecks, safety hazards, quality challenges and regulatory requirements.
- Target equipment or systems for modification, upgrade, replacement or procure additional equipment to address the aforementioned issues and challenges.
- Develop business cases and calculate return on investment for the projects to be executed.
- Gather accurate bids from architects, OEMs, contractors and other service suppliers to ensure that projects are quoted, scoped and submitted for approval with accurate budgets.
- Develop accurate and robust timelines and milestones to ensure delivery of projects on time.
- Execute projects on time and on budget.
- Properly document changes utilizing a robust management of change process.
- Ensure that new or modified equipment is properly permitted and documented.
- Ensure Compliance with EH&S, Trade Compliance, Ethics and Business Conduct, Operations Policy and all established operating procedures.
- Escalate issues to Department and Senior Management as required in an effective and timely manner.
- Support Manufacturing Management or Manufacturing Engineering with special assignments as required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering/technology related field
- Ability to read and interpret engineering blueprints and specifications.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret manufacturing process data.
- 3 Years Project Management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 3 Years overseeing construction trades.
- Expert working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Project).
- CAD proficiency a plus.
- Understanding of Elastomer tooling, material preparation and molding processes a plus.
- Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision and multitask to manage routine tasks in addition to special projects.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
Kirkhill, Inc. Competencies
- Customer Focus – Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers. Is results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance. Rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
- Problem Solving – Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
- Integrity and Trust – Widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
- Functional/Technical Skills – Possesses the skills to be effective in the job. Has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Listening – Practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
- Action-oriented – Full of energy, willing to take action.
- Composure – Cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected, is a settling influence.
- Values Diversity – Supports fair and equal treatment for all.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) in a Engineering/ technical field from four-year college or university
- Minimum 5 years’ previous experience in an aerospace or automated technology manufacturing environment
Kirkhill, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All successful candidates must submit to post offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen and background check as a condition of employment.