Kirkhill, Inc. welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Kirkhill,
Inc. a wholly-owned subsidiary of Transdigm, is a leading diversified manufacturer of highly engineered, organic, and in-organic elastomer based products.
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees: 500
Job Family: Manufacturing Management
Reports to: Operations Manager
Works with: Production Associates, Production Managers, Safety, HR, Maintenance,
Engineering, Quality, Production Planners/Schedulers and other Production
Location: Brea, CA, USA
Type: Full Time
This role is responsible for maintaining expected production schedules and material quality while supporting continuous improvement activities. Expectations are to achieve daily performance and safety goals during any given shift regardless of the obstacles incurred by utilizing proactive management and “out of box” thinking. The candidate must be able to relate to all personnel both hourly and salaried to promote a cooperative interactive relationship with subordinates. In a production environment the candidate must be able to motivate all personnel using a proactive approach to creatively solve equipment and manufacturing problems as well as drive yield improvements and cost reduction efforts.
- Manage a work scheduling system that responds effectively to priorities and daily requirements to maintain acceptable customer service levels.
- Establish effective lines of communication and feedback throughout the manufacturing process to ensure prompt attention to and resolution of conditions that adversely impact production.
- Assess subordinate job performance; coach, council, develop skills, knowledge and abilities in subordinates; recommend personnel actions when appropriate.
- Manages a single shift of employees.
- Work closely with the Production Planner to ensure compliance to the production schedule and production changes.
- Send employee time off records daily to payroll.
- Plan and coordinate daily production activities to ensure on time completion of product.
- Complete necessary daily production reports.
- Ensure compliance with all safety procedures and regulations.
- Provide safe working conditions to prevent injuries and strive for zero lost time accidents.
- Ensure that product quality standards are maintained.
- Oversee training and coaching of all employees to ensure adequate understanding of safety, quality and production procedures.
- Ensure that departmental production goals are efficiently met.
- Report performance metrics and improvement activities.
- Engage employees in improvement activities.
- Ability to Read, Speak, Write in English to ensure instruction and training can be communicated to assigned workforce ensuring safety, Quality and Efficient completion of tasks
- Math skills sufficient for accomplishing all reports, charts and calculations.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and teach others in technical manufacturing work instructions, safety, quality and company practices and policies
- PC Proficient in email, reading/writing reports and basic data entry, Word and Excel usage. Ability to be trained in usage of manufacturing applications
- Understanding of AS9100 requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing
Kirkhill, Inc. Competencies
- Customer Focus – Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers. Is results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance. Rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
- Problem Solving – Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
- Integrity and Trust – Widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
- Functional/Technical Skills – Possesses the skills to be effective in the job. Has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Listening – Practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
- Action-oriented – Full of energy, willing to take action.
- Composure – Cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected, is a settling influence.
- Values Diversity – Supports fair and equal treatment for all.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- A 4-year degree in Business, Operations Management, Engineering or equivalent field
- 2+ years supervisory experience in a high speed manufacturing environment
Kirkhill, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All successful candidates must submit to post offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen and background check as a condition of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Warehouse supervisor: 3 years (Required)