Kirkhill, Inc. welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Kirkhill, Inc. a wholly-owned subsidiary of Transdigm, is a leading diversified manufacturer of highly engineered, organic, and in-organic elastomer based products.
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees: 800
Job Family: Engineering
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Works with: Engineering members, Management, and all levels of employees
Location: Brea, CA, USA
Type: Full Time
Salary: 75k – 110k
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Optimize all aspects of manufacturing process by identifying opportunities and applying
simpler, faster, more cost effective and reliable methods in all phases of manufacturing process.
- Create/Update work instructions and manufacturing routers for all departments.
- Effectively use all process improvement strategies and techniques including Lean, Poka yoke and Six Sigma to attain the perfect value stream for our product and reduce the cost of manufacturing.
- Document all manufacturing processes and keep current.
- Train other employees as required.
- Provide guidance to Engineering, planning and cost estimating on routers and tooling.
- Execute special projects as assigned.
- Design tooling, fixtures and jigs to improve manufacturing.
- Extend courteous support to manufacturing at all times.
- Manage projects effectively: make commitments, meet deadlines and communicate.
- Support process improvement activities whenever possible.
- Maintain knowledge of state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment, techniques and concepts.
- Write justification for required capital asset additions.
- Design tooling, fixtures, and jigs to facilitate manufacturing.
- The ability to work with minimum supervision and make independent decisions.
- Strong communication, presentation, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing and solving parts and process issues.
- Demonstrated ability to meet critical deadlines in fast paced environment.
- Team player with ability to work well with employees and customers alike.
- High level of motivation and sense of urgency.
- Intermediate skills in working with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities.
Kirkhill, Inc. Competencies
- Customer Focus – Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers. Is results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance. Rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
- Problem Solving – Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
- Integrity and Trust – Widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
- Functional/Technical Skills – Possesses the skills to be effective in the job. Has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Listening – Practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
- Action-oriented – Full of energy, willing to take action.
- Composure – Cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected, is a settling influence.
- Values Diversity – Supports fair and equal treatment for all.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Three to five year’s experience in Manufacturing Engineering.
Kirkhill, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All successful candidates must submit to post offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen and background check as a condition of employment.