Kirkhill, Inc. welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Kirkhill, Inc. a wholly-owned subsidiary of TransDigm, is a leading diversified manufacturer of highly engineered, organic, and in-organic elastomer based products.
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees: 600
Location: Brea, CA, USA
Performs a variety of duties: Prepares a variety of paperwork involving the controlling of productions orders, types documents, responds to department telephone calls including taking messages
- Has the knowledge & experience necessary to maintain accurate filing of records.
- Updates manufacturing Parts Cards based on revisions/change notices from Sales Dept.
- Sorts and distributes incoming documents to applicable production control personnel.
- Verifies inventory of metal inserts, prepares purchase requisitions for inserts as required.
- Provides copies of approved released drawings upon request.
- Types backing for Parts Cards in file.
- Processes In-stock Shippers.
- Assist Supervisors with:
- Logs out work orders to applicable production departments.
- Inputs work orders in computer
- Ensures Parts Cards contain identical requirements as work orders prior to releasing work orders.
- Process tooling requisitions to Engineering Department.
- Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers.
- Results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to communicate professionally via written and verbal with customer to understand needs and concerns.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple issues simultaneously.
- Use prior experience and knowledge of company policies and procedures to resolve non-standard problems.
- High level of motivation and sense of urgency; prioritizes and follows up accordingly.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and work in fast paced environment.
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel a must. Use MS Word and PowerPoint.
Kirkhill, Inc. Competencies
- Customer Focus – Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers. Is results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance. Rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
- Problem Solving – Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
- Integrity and Trust – Widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
- Functional/Technical Skills – Possesses the skills to be effective in the job. Has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Listening – Practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
- Action-oriented – Full of energy, willing to take action.
- Composure – Cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected, is a settling influence.
- Values Diversity – Supports fair and equal treatment for all.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- High School Degree or equivalent.
- Bachelors Degree in progress.
Kirkhill, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All successful candidates must submit to post offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen and background check as a condition of employment.