Responsible for business results (profit and loss, meeting annual plan and growth in the value of the business). The scope of the position includes: leadership of a cross functional business unit team (contracts, operations, engineering, quality), new business generation, proposal preparation, bookings (orders), profit and loss accountability, developing and maintaining customer relationships, establishing the yearly business plan, overseeing operating activities to ensure good customer service and cost objective are met, contract negotiation and other duties:
Salary Range: 140k – 160k.
- Lead and guide the business team in the pursuit of profitable new business and maintain clear focus and priorities in the product team
- Focus on value creation – value based pricing and identifying profitable new business opportunities
- Develop annual and long term business plans for business unit
- Develop sales and marketing plan to drive new business to meet business unit goals
- Oversight of staff as necessary to support business growth and customer retention
- Work closely with total organization regarding business targets and actions including customer meetings and sales calls
- Oversight and involvement in cost estimation process to ensure cost accuracy and appropriate pricing
- Prioritization and coordination of engineering activities in support of the business unit goals
- Coordinate new business activities between the customer and PDI engineering
- Prepare reports and present business unit results and metrics to company senior management
- Keeps area clean according to 5S standards
- Follows all safety rules as set by the company.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Business Unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Strong leadership skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Working knowledge of management and supervisory principles
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple programs to maximize value creation
Kirkhill, Inc. Competencies
- Customer Focus – Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers. Is results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance. Rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
- Problem Solving – Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
- Integrity and Trust – Widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
- Functional/Technical Skills – Possesses the skills to be effective in the job. Has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Listening – Practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
- Action-oriented – Full of energy, willing to take action.
- Composure – Cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected, is a settling influence.
- Values Diversity – Supports fair and equal treatment for all.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university; technical discipline preferred.
- Seven or more combined years of experience in Sales, Operations, Finance and/or Engineering with industrial experience preferred.
- Previous team management experience a strong plus.
Kirkhill, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All successful candidates must submit to post offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen and background check as a condition of employment.