Kirkhill, Inc. welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Kirkhill, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Transdigm, is a leading diversified manufacturer of highly engineered, organic, and in-organic elastomer based products.
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees: 800
Job Family: Customer Service
Reports to: Customer Service Manager
Works with: Customers, Manufacturing Managers, Production Control and Logistics Staff, Engineering Staff, and Accounting Staff
Location: Brea, CA, USA
Type: Full Time
Account Manager (AM) will ensure delivery of excellent customer service through fast and accurate processing of orders, communication, and coordinating with other departments to resolve inquiries. AM will build and maintain business relationship with customers by providing prompt and accurate service so as to promote customer loyalty. AM will play a critical role in providing an interface between customer and company, and should handle themselves in a friendly and professional manner.
- Review and interpret customer contract purchase order paperwork for accuracy and communicate exceptions to customer with professional negotiation and communication techniques.
- Interface with customers, understand and solve account related issues on a regular basis through phone calls, emails, customer portals and face to face meetings.
- Provides leadership and guidance for key customer programs and drives project plans to execution meeting schedule and budget requirements.
- Ensures that prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with specified objectives and timelines, and that deliverables are met.
- Directs and coordinates project activities among multiple departments (sales, engineering, materials, operations) when necessary.
- Serves as customer point of contact for all project related activities.
- Reports and presents project status to the team and senior management. Develops and reports project metrics, and tracks program costs.
- Administer and execute orders, schedules and related purchase contract pricing and issues.
- Ensure adherence to contract terms for entire order cycle process.
- Review customer purchase order contract packages for accuracy and compliance to company terms and conditions.
- Ensure all requests for quotes are completed on time and in accordance with company pricing guidelines and policies.
- Manage and coordinate the resolution to all customer order complaints and/or non-compliant purchase order issues.
- Raise questionable terms and conditions for resolution to management.
- Monitor and report progress on specific activities, as required by management and/or purchase order requirements.
- Process orders, and purchase order changes on assigned accounts, which includes price verification, part numbers, lead times, and entry of orders into company ERP system.
- Manage the purchase order/job change portion of customer portals.
- Research and respond to order delays.
- Discernment of export documentation and/or other required export licenses/agreements and administering of same in support of export laws and purchase order/program requirements.
- Works with other functional groups within the company to ensure delivery of accurate pricing and manufacturing lead time estimates.
- Receive, research and process customer return requests.
- Develop solutions for customer independently.
- Assist customer with resolving issues related to product availability and delivery.
- Gain/establish a working knowledge of company functions, product and manufacturing processes for Kirkhill.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers.
- Strong customer communication skills with excellent responsiveness and customer focus.
- Technical skills including the ability to proficiently utilize computer software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project.
- Presentation skills required. Will present to Customer Management and Kirkhill Senior Management teams.
- Results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment where tact, sensitivity, respect, tenacity, persuasive ability, and decisiveness are required for success.
- Ability to communicate professionally via written and verbal with customer to understand needs and concerns.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple issues simultaneously.
- Use prior experience and knowledge of company policies and procedures to resolve non-standard problems.
- High level of motivation and sense of urgency; prioritizes and follows up accordingly.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and work in fast paced environment.
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel a must. Use MS Word and PowerPoint.
Kirkhill, Inc. Competencies
- Customer Focus – Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers. Is results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance. Rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
- Problem Solving – Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
- Integrity and Trust – Widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
- Functional/Technical Skills – Possesses the skills to be effective in the job. Has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Listening – Practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
- Action-oriented – Full of energy, willing to take action.
- Composure – Cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected, is a settling influence.
- Values Diversity – Supports fair and equal treatment for all.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Engineering or Business.
- Five years of experience in the Aerospace Industry highly preferred.
- Prior experience in a cross-functional management structure is strongly preferred.
Kirkhill, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All successful candidates must submit to post offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen and background check as a condition of employment.