Responsible for inspection and test requirements at all stages of manufacturing to ensure customer requirements. The Inspector is also responsible to record and report any defects and ensure the defects are corrected before delivery to the customer. Committed member to the Quality and Production teams and adaptable to changing roles within the Quality function.
- Carries out and coordinates all inspection and test requirements as outlined in the Quality Procedure Manual and contract requirements including compliance with the requirements of AS 9100.
- Maintains relevant updated specification, standard and quality systems documents.
- Performs assigned tests on materials and parts, product in process, and finished product.
- Inspects visually for obvious defects.
- Compares results with drawing and specification requirements.
- Reports problems with inspection and test results to Quality Supervisor.
- Identifies defectives and segregates from acceptable product.
- Notifies Quality Supervisor and Quality Engineer when inspection data exceeds acceptable limits or when major incidents of poor quality are noted.
- Records results on inspection forms or charts and report number of defects found
- Makes recommendation on disposition of suspect/defective product to Quality Supervisor.
- Supports the quality record retention requirements by assisting with filing and maintenance of Quality Records.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of Quality Assurance standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member, as well as independently.
- Ability to communicate with all levels within Productions and get messages across that has the desired effect.
- Ability to think critically and act logically to evaluate situations and generates required steps to ensure success.
- Persistence and determination when problem-solving.
- Strong focus on quality: ability and commitment to achieve total customer satisfaction in the quality of our products, services and decisions, implement systems and processes focused on excellence and continuous improvement.
- Strong focus on safety, including personal safety, safety of co-workers, and protection of property on the job in accordance and compliance with company practices, industry standards, and government regulations.
- Knowledge of AS 9100 Quality Systems.
- Knowledge of calibration requirements/procedures.
- Proficiency with computer based applications. Microsoft Excel a must.
Kirkhill, Inc. Competencies
- Customer Focus – Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers. Is results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance. Rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
- Problem Solving – Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
- Integrity and Trust – Widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
- Functional/Technical Skills – Possesses the skills to be effective in the job. Has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Listening – Practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
- Action-oriented – Full of energy, willing to take action.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- High School Degree or equivalent strongly preferred
- Minimum of three years successful employment as an individual contributor with a preference for aerospace manufacturing.
- Experience in Quality Assurance.
Kirkhill, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Must be authorized to work in the US.