Obtains requirements by verifying purchase requisitions, preparing, forwarding, and monitoring purchase orders; manage vendors to control deliveries and inventory levels, and authorize payments as required.
- Works under minimal supervision to perform standard duties in support of the purchasing function of the organization.
- Work with Engineering and Quality to qualify new vendors.
- Prepare and review Requests for Quotation.
- Verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list, clarifying unclear items and ensuring proper signature authority.
- Prepares purchase orders by verifying quality specifications and customer requirements.
- Negotiate price and delivery with vendors, enter and schedule purchase orders accordingly.
- Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers and monitoring, expediting, rescheduling, or cancelling orders as required.
- Resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
- Authorizes payment for purchases when required.
- Provides purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Accomplishes purchasing and organization mission by completing status reports and reporting on results as required.
- Measures and reports supplier performance to management, reviews data with supplier on a quarterly basis (supplier scorecard), and maintains supplier ASL information.
- Regularly updates status on end-of-life, discontinued, back order, and allocation status of inventory items, and capacity and lead time of critical suppliers.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent Organizations skills
- PC Proficiency; Microsoft Office Package especially Excel (charts, graphs with trend lines) and Word
- Must have extensive knowledge of ERP/MRP systems
- Supplier Management, Vendor Relations
- Customer Service
- Inventory Control
- Knowledge of rubber chemicals & polymers, fabrics, packaging supplies, metal, metal inserts, and adhesives
- Familiarity with manufacturing, maintenance, and office supplies
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Kirkhill, Inc. Competencies
- Customer Focus – Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers. Is results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance. Rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
- Problem Solving – Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
- Integrity and Trust – Widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
- Functional/Technical Skills – Possesses the skills to be effective in the job. Has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Listening – Practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
- Action-oriented – Full of energy, willing to take action.
- Composure – Cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected, is a settling influence.
- Values Diversity – Supports fair and equal treatment for all.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- 4 year degree preferred, extensive purchasing experience may be accepted in lieu of degree
- 5+ years of Purchasing experience
- Certification a plus (CPIM or APICS)
- Lean certification or experience
- Demonstrated negotiating skills
- Knowledge and extensive experience with Supply Management tools, VMI, Kanban, JIT, etc.
- Proficiency with ERP/MRP software systems, ManMan preferred
Kirkhill, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All successful candidates must submit to post offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen and background check as a condition of employment.